Disco Danny Slot by NetEnt – Review & Free Casino Play
Are you in the mood for dancing? The Disco Danny slot from NetEnt is here!
This is definitely a retro take – not one for the modern EDM clubbers, but a celebration of the Golden Age of Disco in the 1970s, when glitter went mainstream, and heterosexual men were briefly allowed to wear clothes that weren’t blue or black.
What a time it was!
The game is retro too, with a 3 by 3 grid, and like lots of these games, it’s one aimed at people who like to gamble: the gameplay is simple, there’s a high volatility rating and a potentially big top prize.
Free spins are the main bonus, and a pair of scatters are the main novelty in the base game.
This has got a four-on-the-floor beat that really kicks, but should you get your dancing pants on for it?
Let’s have a look.
Play Free Disco Danny Slot Demo
Disco Danny Slot Q&A
- What game provider developed the Disco Danny slot?
- This game is from NetEnt, who are almost the coca-cola of slot providers with nearly 1/3rd of the European slot market. Their biggest hit is Starburst, a UK number 1 that keeps on flying, despite its age. They were founded in Sweden in 1996 and their games are everywhere.
- When was Disco Danny slot released?
- August 20th, 2020.
- What is the Disco Danny RTP?
- RTP is 96.04%, which is very much on the market average right now. That’s a house edge of 3.06%. RTP is a long-term measure, not a prediction of how your game will go.
- How many reels and pay lines does Disco Danny have?
- This is a 3 by 3 grid with 9 symbols and 5 pay lines.
- What theme is used in Disco Danny slot?
- Themes are: disco, music, clubbing, dancing, retro, and the 1970s.
- Can I play Disco Danny slot on mobile?
- What is the Disco Danny variance?
- The variance on this game is high. Games with high variance (also called volatility) are set up to pay out bigger prizes but to deliver them less often.
- What is the minimum bet and the maximum win?
- You can open your bets at 0.1 coins (10p) and bet as high as 250 coins (£250). Always bet safely. If you hit the top prize you could win 3,000-times stake. Always check pay-out limits at the site you’re using.
- Does Disco Danny have free spins and bonus rounds?
- Yes, there are free spins as the main bonus and a pair of scatters in the base game. There’s a progressive multiplier in the free spins round.
- Is there anything else I should know about Disco Danny slot?
- Just one golden scatter gives you a random win in the base game.
Three-reel games need to be simple to work. This is the case here.
The controls are the usual NetEnt strip centred on a control panel of spin button flanked by auto and turbo options. Betting is controlled with a list, from which you pick your amount. An information button opens the pay table, and you’ll find other menus behind the three-line symbol.
The pay table awards wins for any combination for bar symbols, of which there are three, and then we have high paying symbols: 7s, roller skates, Disco King 1 and the dressed-up Disco King.
There are two scatters: gold and silver. Gold scatters award a random win in the base game. Three silver scatters or a total of three (one gold, two silver) scatters award free spins, with an increasing multiplier triggered by silver scatters and going up to 10-times.
This is a simple but effective game that is very true to its retro styling and game mechanics. Three-reel games have had a resurgence of late. We think it’s because they play well on portrait-orientation mobile screens.
Disco Danny delivers very well in that sense, with big clear graphics and lots of space on the reels.
The game mechanics are pretty simple, with a bonus game of free spins delivered via scatters. There’s not much in the way of extras in the base game.
That’s not a problem though and is entirely appropriate for this sort of game.
The graphics are great and well suited to the disco era. And the soundtrack lives up to the game’s name too.
If you want something with a bit more depth and sophistication then check out some five-reel games, but for simple hard-hitting games, it’s really good, with decent stats, including a very nice 3,000-times stake top prize on a very fair RTP for a high volatility game.
If you don’t like disco beats you’ll have to mute the sound, but otherwise, any three-reel fan should definitely check it out.