Jolly Roger 2 Slot by Play’n GO – Review & Free Play
A yoho ho and a bottle of something is in order to toast the arrival of this well-anticipated sequel from Play’n GO – the Jolly Roger 2 slot!
We’ve had to wait long enough for this jolly pirate crew to circumnavigate the globe to sign up for another journey on a title that was first released in 2012.
The slots industry has changed a lot in that time, and among the less welcome changes are RTP ranges, which are in evidence here.
Better are the improved gameplay and graphics that give us a beautiful looking title that’s great fun to play.
There’s never a shortage of pirate titles – a natural fit for treasure-hunting slots fans – but should you walk up the gangplank of this vessel?
Let’s have a look!
Play Free Jolly Roger 2 Slot Demo
Jolly Roger 2 Slot Q&A
- What game provider developed the Jolly Roger 2 slot?
- This game is from Play’n GO, a long-established Swedish developer who have a global footprint and history that goes back to 1997. Their 250+ titles include such massive hits as the rich Wilde series and the likes of Fire Joker and Golden Ticket 1 and 2.
- When was Jolly Roger 2 slot released?
- August 27th, 2020.
- What is the Jolly Roger 2 RTP?
- The RTP of this game records the percentage of money wagered on it that should be returned to players. This game has a range starting around 94.2%, which is quite low. Look for the RTP advertised on the casino site you use.
- How many reels and pay lines does Jolly Roger 2 have?
- Jolly Roger 2 plays on a standard reel set of 5 reels and 3 rows of symbols. Across these 15 symbols run 20 pay lines.
- What theme is used in Jolly Roger 2 slot?
- Themes are: pirates, the sea, history, jolly roger, bandits, navy, and maritime.
- Can I play Jolly Roger 2 on mobile?
- What is the Jolly Roger 2 variance?
- The variance on this game is medium. Variance measures the ratio between prize size and prize frequency, it’s hard to define “medium” other than you should expect a similar experience to most other games in this respect.
- What is the minimum bet and the maximum win?
- You can bet from 20p to £100 on Jolly Roger 2. The top prize is 5,000-times your stake, so up to £500,000. Keep your betting safe, and check pay-out limits on the sites you use.
- Does Jolly Roger 2 have free spins and bonus rounds?
- Yes, free spins are the main bonus round, and there are other features, including multipliers in the base game. There are two free spins features, one with extra wilds, one with extra multipliers.
- Is there anything else I should know about Jolly Roger 2 slot?
- There are two non-free spin bonus features too.
You’ll probably recognise the standard Play’n GO control panel when you load up Jolly Roger 2. Select your total bet on a sliding scale and hit play and you’re good to go.
The information button opens up the pay table.
This opens on a 10 to aces run of cards, paying up to 2.5-times stake. The high paying symbols are jewels and they pay up to 10 –times stake, the same value as wilds award.
Free spins come via the pirate chief scatter. This opens a bonus quest with a choice of four features: two free spins rounds (Bottle of Rum, and Battle), a Treasure Hunt, or an instant prize.
Bottle of Rum free spins has reels filled with wilds.
The Battle feature allows you to win extra multipliers on the reel.
The treasure hunt is a prize pick game.
A compass symbol is a multiplier throughout the game.
Ahoy! We’re more than ready to sign up with this crew, and not just because the game looks great and sounds pretty good too (though crowd noises can get overwhelming after a while).
This game has great prize potential – in most circumstances – and offers some really sophisticated gameplay, including video game-like features that will really appeal to younger players.
Games with a lot of features can feel complex, but the instructions here are nice and simple and there’s no reason to be scratching your head. A few spins on demo mode are always a good idea with a new game in any case.
The win potential is good, but… because the RTP range here starts rather low. We don’t like RTP ranges, but it looks like they’re here to stay. We simply cannot imagine the circumstances in which a casino site is going to do anything other than set the RTP range as low as it possibly can, while using high ranges as a lure to bring in extra players.
Maybe we’ll be proved once. In any case, check the deal at the sites you use as you load up and play this compelling pirate adventure.