Some people stick to the classic version of blackjack while others branch out and look for new variants of the game.
In many cases, the latter group is searching for a low-stakes version of their beloved game since they can’t or don’t want to invest hundreds and thousands in each game.
And that’s exactly why we have created a list of the best low-stakes blackjack casinos where you can play your favorite game and bet as little as £0.10, the pros and cons of low-stakes blackjack casinos, and much more.
If this is something that interests you, then keep on reading.
4 Best Online Low Stakes Blackjack Casinos
#1. NetEnt Blackjack at £0.10
NetEnt offers a few different versions of low-stakes blackjack:
Classic Low Limit Blackjack
This version is played with 4 standard decks of 52 cards where blackjack pays 3:2 and you can take on insurance (2:1) to defend yourself from the dealer’s blackjack.
Only one split is allowed and, when doubling, you’ll be able to get just one additional hit to complete your hand. You can double after a split as well, except after splitting two aces.
Professional Series Low Limit
This variant allows you to place a Double Jack side bet which wins if the first card in the regular hand is a jack, or if the first two cards are a pair of jacks.
The game is available at Regent Play.
Double Exposure Professional Series
In this version, both dealer cards are dealt face up. You can double down if your initial cards total a hard 9, 10, or 11. Afterward, you are dealt one extra card before your hand stands automatically.
Pontoon Professional Series Low Limit
In this variant, both dealer cards are dealt face down. The dealer must stick on a hard 17 and twist on a soft 17. The second best hand is a 5 card trick or a ‘Charlie’, which is a hand of five cards totaling 21 or less.
#2. Relax Gaming Blackjack at £0.10
Relax Gaming has released several blackjack variants that have made it to online casinos.
Blackjack 6 in 1 allows you to play 6 side bets on a single hand:
- Perfect Pairs – Bet wins if the first two cards dealt are a pair of the same value cards;
- 21+3 – Bet wins if the first two cards in your hand, plus the dealer’s upcard, make a 3-card poker hand.
- Lucky Ladies – Bet wins if a combination of the same three cards make a total of 19, 20, or 21;
- Lucky Lucky – Bet wins if your first two cards make a total of 20, or feature a Queen;
- Suit ‘em Up – Bet wins if your first two cards are of the same suit;
- Buster – Bet wins if the dealer busts.
#3. Playtech Blackjack at £0.10
Playtech offers several low-stakes blackjacks that can be found at William Hill Casino.
Blackjack 21 Duel attaches the same value to all hands totaling 21, be it an Ace with a 10 or a three-card 21 combo. You can also place a 2UP side bet that wins if the first three cards shown on the table contain a pair or consist of three-of-a-kind.
Perfect Blackjack features a Perfect Pair side game, while Premium Multihand lets you simultaneously play up to 5 hands. Surrender Blackjack allows you to surrender your hand when, after the dealer has checked for blackjack, you think your first two cards will not beat his hand.
#4. 1×2 Gaming Blackjack at £0.10
1×2 Gaming introduces Player’s Choice, a unique variant of the classic Blackjack game where you can pick a good hand among one of five possible options.
Five sets of 2-card hands will be dealt blindly and you’ll be prompted to click on one of the sets to reveal its top card. If you like your chances, choose to play with it. If not, you can reject that set and select one of the four remaining ones.
How to Get Started With Low Bet Blackjack
Before you start playing low-stakes blackjack, you should know that the majority of online casinos require a deposit (on average, the minimum is $25).
So, let’s consider a few scenarios on how you could get started:
- Free Play – If you don’t have enough money for a deposit, you can begin with free blackjack games and save up the money you would have spent otherwise. You can also search for casinos that don’t require a deposit, although their number is limited.
- Depositing Over $25 – If you can deposit a minimum of $25, then you have plenty of online casinos to choose from. It would be hard to find a casino that would accept as little as $10 since they have to deal with fees.
- Deposit $50 – $100 – When you deposit $25 you don’t have an opportunity to redeem yourself in case of loss. However, if you deposit $50 or even $100, you have a lot of betting units available so you can easily recover if you end up losing at some point.
Low Stakes Blackjack vs Free Blackjack
Both free and low-stakes blackjack come with advantages and disadvantages.
With low-stakes blackjack you can bet as little as possible and still have the opportunity to win real money and, most importantly, cash it out. With free blackjack, on the other hand, you can try out different strategies and play without spending any money.
Apart from the benefits and drawbacks, it is important to note that people who like to gamble have more fun with games that deal with real money, so playing low-stakes blackjack is a great option for those who want to feel the thrill of betting but don’t want to put too much money on the line.
Best Bonuses to Take Advantage of When Playing Low Bet Blackjack
In low-stakes blackjack, bonuses help you increase your bankroll as well as play for longer. That’s why we are listing four of the most popular bonuses you should be on the lookout for:
- Welcome Bonuses – Upon your first deposit a casino usually gives you a matching percentage. It can be as low as 10% and as high as 500%.
- Blackjack Bonuses – These bonuses are often referred to as table games bonuses or all games bonuses. This, however, doesn’t mean that you can play any game, so make sure to read the terms to know which specific game is part of the bonus.
- Sticky Bonuses – A sticky bonus is one that you can bet with, but never withdraw and can come in many different forms – as a no-deposit bonus, free spins, reload bonus, etc.
- Cashable bonuses – These are considered to be the best kind of bonuses as you can cash them out once you satisfy all of the clearing requirements.
3 Other Great Low Stakes Games to Enjoy
- Low Stakes Slots – If you want to switch it up, take a break from the low-stakes card games and go for the low-stakes slots instead. This way, you can spin a couple of reels while betting as little as possible.
- Low Stakes Baccarat – If you are a fan of card games and are searching for something other than blackjack, then you have to give baccarat a chance. NetEnt, Microgaming, and Playtech offer low-stakes baccarat where you can bet as little as £0.10.
- Low Stakes Poker – If you are keen on online poker, but you don’t want to play with a significant amount of money, your best shot is to play low-stakes poker. This way you can enjoy playing poker without having to worry about the money.
Low Stakes Blackjack FAQ
#1. What Is the Lowest Bet in Blackjack?
The minimum bet varies depending on the variant of the game and the casino where you can access this variant. That said, the lowest bet we have come across is £0.10 per hand.
#2. How Do You Play Low Stakes in Blackjack?
Before you start placing any bets, make sure to get accustomed to the rules of the game and try out different strategies that may be useful.
Once you are ready to bet some money, start with as little as possible. Find casinos that do not require or have a very low deposit, take advantage of the minimum bets that are offered, and do not exceed whatever your budget can accommodate.
#3. Can Low Stakes Blackjack Be Profitable?
It is estimated that less than 3% of people win at blackjack. Some sources say that the percentage is as low as 1% or 2%. This means that only a small group of people wins at blackjack to the point when they gain profit.