Whoever said you need to play big to win big was wrong because let us tell you what—you don’t!
If you want to feel the adrenaline of playing and gambling but don’t want to risk a lot, low stake slots are just the thing for you.
We have listed the top 5 low-stakes slots available at UK online casinos which, even on a tight budget, can be pretty enjoyable. However, we opted to leave out the slots that let you play for as little as £0.01 per spin as long as you play with only one active payline because come on, who plays just one line these days?
Additionally, we’ve included games from a variety of providers, giving a mix of classic and recent releases, and selected the finest online UK slots you’re likely to play. And that is not only because they’re “cheap,” but because they’re just amazing games.
5 Top Online Low Stakes Games in 2024
#1. Turning Totems
Thunderkick has done an excellent job with this vibrant game set in an odd setting. Five totem poles constitute your reel area, each displaying three symbols that spin when you push the Spin button. Wins will be rewarded over 11 fixed pay lines, either left to right or the other way, when you spin from as little as £0.10, making it one of the finest win-both-ways slots.
When the Thunder Snake symbol lands on a reel, it transforms into a Thunder reel, waking up all of the reel’s sleeping wilds. When three or more Thunder reels are active at the same time, a bonus game with five free spins is triggered. Even though it doesn’t have a ton of extra features, this is a unique game worth giving a shot at.
You can check out Turning Totems at All British Casino.
This superbly crafted game, which was inspired by a children’s television show, is unquestionably one of the best Play ‘n Go slots.
It has five reels and ten pay lines to play on. You’ll earn free spins and a bonus game as the tiny troll tries to save his beloved Hugolina and locate the buried riches, and you may win up to 500x your entire wager. To get your hands on this substantial reward, you’ll need to visit a gold mine and make three consecutive selections from a variety of doors.
Before you can accomplish that, wild Hugo will assist you by multiplying the victories in which he participates. The cheapest coin value available is £0.01, which when multiplied by 10 lines is £0.10. You can try it out at Videoslots.
#3. Wild Wild West
NetEnt has released a new game with a western theme called Wild Wild West: The Great Train Heist – and guess what? It absolutely makes our list of the top low-stakes slots.
Like Hugo, Wild Wild West allows you to spin for only £0.10. Free spins (up to 60!) include four different types of wilds: standard wilds, spreading wilds, x2 multiplying wilds, and expanding wilds. The bonus symbols will trigger a Pick and Click feature, with payouts ranging from 5 to 50 times your entire stake.
While you might be hesitant to join the bad guys in real life, collaborating with these men allows you to collect the “gold” without the worry of going to jail. Use Videoslots to take advantage of their promotion.
Could it be more obvious that this is an arcade-themed slot? Arcader is another Thunderkick creation, with a betting range starting at £0.10 per spin, but it is entirely different from the one described above in every other aspect.
It has sticky wilds, free spins, multipliers, and a mystery game, to name a few exceptional features. Pixelated game symbols appear on 5 reels and 15 fixed pay lines, an expander icon fills the entire reel with identical symbols, and the mystery game shows you with a 53-board full of question marks.
You’ll be getting surprise wins of various values as long as you keep picking the correct ones. All of this action is accompanied by terrific 80’s techno music that you won’t want to turn off. Do you have any doubts? Visit Spinyoo or Play Zee to see for yourself.
#5. Cool Buck
We had to have a classic fruity on the list, and Microgaming’s Cool Buck looked like a nice fit. This is a straightforward slot with cherries, bars, and sevens that you can play for as little as £0.09 per spin.
Enjoy this charming game at Casumo if you’re a traditionalist who doesn’t care about flashy visual effects, scatters, bonus rounds, or other distractions from the core gameplay.
Bonus: Mega Moolah
In addition to the top 5 low-stakes slots listed above, I just had to include a progressive slot, so I’ve chosen safari-themed Mega Moolah from Microgaming.
Surely there’s not a slot player out there who’s never heard of this game, and it’s likely many of you have played it already. The good thing about this progressive jackpot slot is that you don’t necessarily have to bet max in order to have a shot at winning the multi-million jackpot, though your chances do increase the higher your stakes.
The minimum coin value is set at £0.01, which can also be the price of one spin should you choose to play 1 line with only 1 coin per line. Playing all pay lines will cost you £0.25 per spin, which may not be the lowest stakes around, but hey, you’re in for a 1 million and counting jackpot!
If you’re a low-roller dreaming of life-changing wins, pay a visit to Casushi Casino.
List of Low Stakes Slots
- The Paying Piano Club (Play’n GO) – £0.05
- Fire Joker (Play’n GO) – £0.05
- Dead or Alive 2 (NetEnt) – £0.09
- Starburst (NetEnt) – £0.10
- Book of Dead (Play’n GO) – £0.10
- Aloha! Cluster Pays (NetEnt) – £0.10
- Rich Wilde and the Amulet of the Dead (Play’n GO) – £0.10
- Dinopolis (Push Gaming) – £0.10
- Mysterious Egypt (Pragmatic Play) – £0.10
- Blue Fortune (Quickspin) – £0.10
- Divine Fortune Megaways (NetEnt) – £0.10
- Legacy of Dead (Play’n GO) – £0.10
- Piggy Riches Megaways (Red Tiger Gaming) – £0.10
- Fruit Shop (NetEnt) – £0.15
- Gonzo’s Quest (NetEnt) – £0.20
- Moon Princess (Play’n GO) – £0.20
- Reactoonz 2 (Play’n GO) – £0.20
- Money Train 2 (Relax Gaming) – £0.20
- Jack Hammer (NetEnt) – £0.25
- Mega Moolah (Microgaming) – £0.25
Best Casinos to Play Low Stakes Slot Games
The following casinos have the biggest mixture of Play’n Go and NetEnt slots including the ones listed above. These are the two providers that offer some of the lowest stakes available online.
What Are Low Stakes Slot Games?
Low stake slots, also known as low balance, low bet, or penny slots, are slots that have a lower-end betting range that is adjustable, such as minimum bets of €/$/£0.01 – €/$/£2 per each spin. This allows players to extend their game session while still having a good chance of landing the jackpot or receiving steady payouts throughout.
Even though other forms of casino games can still be played with low stakes, low-stakes slots are the most popular for amateur players who don’t want to put too much money on the line. They enable you to gamble pennies on the dollar from any device, lengthen your gaming session, and experience the thrill of a new casino without taking any risks.
Many of the world’s casino billionaires made their fortunes overnight by placing little wagers of a few pennies or cents and successfully debunking the misconception that only high rollers can win large. Luckily, prominent software developers including NetEnt, Microgaming, and Play ‘n GO provide thousands of games that can be found on many of the best online casino sites.
Dedicating a budget solely to low-stakes slots so you know your limit is one of the tiny tips and tricks for playing low-stakes slots. Playing slots with (at least) a progressive jackpot and betting on all pay lines is also highly recommended.
Tips for Winning Big on Low Stakes Games
Speaking of techniques, here are some of the most crucial, proven-to-be-successful ways that can increase the probability to win in low-stakes slots:
- Experts suggest you fully understand a game before you start playing it for real, therefore, if you can find a demo version of it, definitely go for it.
- If you’re just getting started with slots, limited slots are preferable to greater slots. Why? Limited slots give more consistent and predictable winnings but at a smaller value as opposed to greater slots that offer larger payouts but with less regularity.
- If you’re the type of person who dreams big, aim for high-paying slots. If the RTP is between 95 and 96 percent, you’ll have a good chance of winning on your spins.
Pros & Cons of Low Stake Slots
We’re sure that, like most people, you’ll want to hear the “bad news” first, so here it is.
Logically if you’re playing low, you’re most certainly going to receive much smaller payouts than when you’re playing high stakes slots. Moreover, some jackpots are quite difficult to reach on a low wager.
But enough negativity! Let’s have a look at the numerous pros of low-stakes slots:
- Longer game endurance. If your wager is small, the gaming sessions can extend for a longer period of time.
- Almost-regular payouts. Low-stakes slots allow you to collect your winnings much more easily than high-stakes games.
- Low-risk choice. Even if luck isn’t on your side, you don’t have to worry about losing all your money when you’re playing low-stakes slots.
- Available in most casinos. Low-stakes slots are some of the most popular slot games out there, which means you can find them pretty much everywhere.
- Plenty of options to choose from. Due to their popularity, low-stakes slots come in many variants and are sure to cater to every player’s gaming preferences.
- Suitable for all budgets. Have a small budget but still want to play? Then low-stakes slots are the answer to your prayers.
- No experience? No problem. With as little as pennies on the line, you can play your heart out without having to worry that your lack of experience will get the best of you.
FAQ on Low Bet Slots
Have some more questions on low-stakes slots? Here are the most frequently asked questions on the topic:
#1. Where Can I Play Low-Bet Slots?
Low-stakes slots are quite popular and have a high consumer demand, so you can find them nearly anywhere, so just choose your favorite casino.
#2. Can You Make a Profit Playing Low-Bet Slots?
If you manage to control your expectations the profit can be quite satisfactory. Given the length that a game session takes, you also might need a little bit of patience. However, with the above-mentioned tips and tricks in mind, your chances to profit are considerably higher.
#3. Which Are The Best 10p Slots?
Some of the best 10p slots out there include:
- Ugga Bugga 99.07% RTP – Playtech
- Mega Joker, 99% RTP – NetEnt
- Jackpot 6000, RTP 98.8% – Netent
- Blood Suckers, 98% RTP – NetEnt
#4. Can I Play Low-Bet Slots For Free?
Sure, free slots are ideal to get started with low-stakes slots, however, it’s uncommon to encounter a free slot machine game that pays out real money. You can use them to practice for whenever you feel ready to play real, (although little) money.
#5. Can I Play Progressive Slots With a Low Wager?
Because you’ll have fewer options, your chances of winning the jackpot will be lower, however, you can play progressive slots with low stakes and still have decent chances to win.
- 9 Top Progressive Jackpot Slots for 2024 [Hand-Picked]
- Top 10 High Payout Slots
- 8 Best Play ‘n Go Slots Games in 2024 [High Bonuses]
- 5+ Best High Stakes Slots in 2024 [Slot Expert’s Short-List]
Rachel Pine is our slots expert who has worked in the online gambling industry for 10+ years. Over the course of her career, Rachel has reviewed more than 3,000 slots.