Welcome to our news section! Stay up to date with the latest UK online casino news and gambling news. Read expert casino guides, casino news, top ten lists, funny casino stories, strategy advice and casino tips! You can browse all our casino articles and gambling resources by category.
Latest UK Online Casino News
Keep up to date with the world of casinos with expert news reports from our top casino journalists.
- Eyecon’s September Promotion Live at Playluck Casino9th September: Playluck casino is one of the sites where you can take advantage of the Eyecon’s exclusive autumn campaigns. The premise of the promotion is rather simple. All players … Read more
- Japanese Lawmaker Sentenced to Four Years in Prison for Taking BribesThe Tokyo District Court found Tsukasa Akimoto guilty for accepting bribes from a Chinese operator, sentencing the former lawmaker to prison.
- Play Towering Pays Valhalla – GamesLabSeptember 8th: Towering Pays Valhalla is the latest release to be included in the GamesLab’s catalogue. The game is supported by Yggdrasil and is a treat for everyone who likes … Read more
- UK Online Gambling Operator Handed a £5.85 Million FineRank Group and its Daub Alderney online operator has been given a financial penalty for not adhering to AML standards.
- Play Scarab Gold – Inspired Gaming6th September: Scarab Gold is a new release from Inspired Gaming. The game runs on both desktop and mobile devices and relies on a 6-reel, 5-row configuration. Complete with the Mystery … Read more
- Dropping That Disc for a Prize at William Hill6th September: William Hill casino will never leave you empty-handed when it comes to promotions. Even when all the seasonal events are exhausted, the customers can enjoy the thrill of the Bonus … Read more
- YouGov Study Offers Data about Differences among Male and Female UK Online GamblersThe latest survey conducted by the researchers at YouGov has revealed detailed information about gambling habits in the UK.
- The Court of Appeal Rejects London’s Casino Complaint against Its High RollerAfter his cheques bounced, Yu Songbo, the wealthy Chinese businessman, was sued by a London casino. Three years later, the popular gambling venue hasn’t succeeded in claiming back its money.
- Massachusetts Family Charged with £15 Million Lottery FraudAli Jaafar and his two sons face prison time after the authorities have charged them with fraud and tax evasion. From 2011 to 2019, the three men claimed £15 million through their scheme.
- An 86-Year-Old from Stoke Hits a £50,000 Bingo WinA great-grandmother from Staffordshire finally got so lucky and won a staggering £50,000 prize at Buzz Bingo in Hanley after two decades of visiting the gaming venue.
- Jay-Z Plans to Invest in Sports BettingJay-Z is known for being a successful music artist, entrepreneur and Beyonce‘s significant other, but could soon become a big name in the US sports betting market.
- United Kingdom Review to Ban Shirt Sponsorship DealsAfter a thorough review of the UK Gambling Act, the country’s gambling market is expecting many regulatory changes.
- Ben Affleck Once Again Returns to Las Vegas CasinoSeven years after being caught counting cards at a Las Vegas gambling venue, Ben Affleck returns to Sin City for some late-night action.
- Want to learn more about spread betting? Here’s our beginner’s guide.Want to learn all about spread betting? Then you’ve come to the right place. Let me warn you, though, it’s complicated!
- Norwich City Cancels Sponsorship Deal Over Seedy Promo CampaignOnly a couple of days after signing a new sponsorship deal with BK8, Norwich City had to revoke the agreement, following the scandal caused by the operators latest promo campaign.
- r/soccer Reddit & other great subreddits for finding the best football betting tipsLooking for winning sports bet tips? We have some great info to help you find the best sports bet tips, including r/soccer on Reddit.
- High Court Judge Finds Bookmaker Didn’t Do Anything to Stop a Gambling Addict from PlayingThe High Court Judge said Paddy Power did absolutely nothing to stop a problem gambler from wagering his money, and never attempted to offer the man any kind of help.
- It’s National Best Friends Day! To celebrate, let’s explore how to behave in a casino with friendsIf you’re planning to visit a casino with friends, read this blog. We look at how to behave in a casino when you’re with them.
- £50 Million Slots Session at Sydney Casino Helped Catch Drug TraffickersIt’s not advisable to spend too much money on gambling, especially if that’s drug money. One Australian learnt that the hard way and eventually ended up behind bars.
- 7 gambles people make every day that shows we’re all a little bit mad.How crazy are your gambling choices? How many can you tick off our top 7 crazy gambles list? We bet there’s a few!
UK Online Casino News
Are you from the UK?
Do you like online casinos?
Do you need news on your favourite hobby?
It looks like you’re in the right place then!
Yes, we can be your provider of UK online casino news and we look forward to seeing a lot more of you from now on.
But, you may be wondering, why do I need online casino news.
We’re about to tell you. Be patient, please.
1. The online casino market is one of the fastest moving in history
The reason this site exists is that we’re in a boom time for online casino use, online casino gambling and online gambling generally.
And the UK is one of the biggest markets in the world for this.
The boom has been going on for a while in the UK. British gambling laws used to be very restrictive. Restrictive to the extent that sports booking establishments – bookmakers – has to have blacked out windows so people couldn’t see what was going on inside.
For good or for evil – and most people would concede that it’s been a fair dollop of both – those laws were massively liberalised in the period from 2005 to 2007.
The changes – to those old enough to remember the world before them, or to have lived through them – have been very visible. From being a back-street sort of activity, gambling has become a massively public business, with (previously banned) TV advertising everywhere, and what feels like the majority of British football teams (which are some of our most high-profile businesses) carrying high profile shirt sponsorship from online casinos.
Back when the laws were changed, the industry as a whole was taking in £8.36billion. In 2017 the figure was around £14billion.
While the legislation set the backdrop for this enormous change, the technological revolution that has impacted every area of our lives completed it.
In 2009 online gambling in the UK was worth £817million. In 2017 it was worth around one-third of the entire gambling industry’s revenue at about £4.5bn.
Premier League shirt sponsorships were worth £47.3m in the 2017 – 18 season alone.
This fast-moving and incredibly lucrative market – with the addition of all the accelerating factors of the online world and superfast computer power – is unstable and exciting.
Unstable in a good way!
The Wild West days of internet gambling are pretty much over. This massive explosion in gambling went unchecked in the UK for a long time, but eventually regulators started to try to catch up, and in doing so they set much stricter rules about the behaviour of gambling sites, where they were allowed to be based, and above all, what licensing they were allowed to undertake.
For years, the UK Gambling Commission accepted licences from a number of overseas jurisdictions. That’s no longer the case, and the UK Gambling Commission must now licence every site that offers services to UK players.
The UK Gambling Commission is one of the best-regarded gambling regulators in the world, and it is often busy.
Players who don’t have a Google alert that keeps them up to date on the latest decisions from the UK Gambling Commission need UK online casino news to keep them up to date on this. The commission is often busy, and it has fined a well-known site millions of pounds recently for not looking after a vulnerable player well enough.
2. Innovation in Online Casino Gambling
The regulators are busy from time to time – and players should always make sure that they are playing within the laws and rules of their countries – but gambling companies are even busier.
There are hundreds of game developers active in the UK market.
The casino auditing site, Slot Catalog, lists more than 1,000 games from 221 game developers, at more than 1,100 casino sites.
And this is just one figure that may not be definitively correct.
What we’re saying is that there are a lot of games on the market. And they keep coming. And they keep changing.
While the fundamentals of slot play seem to have set in a relatively stable pattern there’s always a new bonus game or gimmick on the way.
So while players can understand most games as newcomers, there’s always something new to discover, and the best players are the best-informed players. Knowing what’s going on won’t alter the odds on a game, but knowing the way a game works will give you the poise to cruise through an unfamiliar bonus game without losing your head.
Getting the low-down on new games with good quality guides and reviews is the short-cut to picking the games that are going to work for you without wasting time and money on titles that aren’t your cup of tea.
3. What’s the Real Name of that Casino?
Here we come to something of an issue in the casino market, and that is networked sites and branding and badges.
Setting up a good quality casino site is not the hardest problem in the world of the internet. But it’s by no means a slam dunk. That’s made a lucrative market in off-the-peg and white-label casino sites. These are casino software sites that buy their operational software from larger companies who run their own casinos. These sites will have some control over the games they stock, the bonuses they offer, and so on, but the main difference between sites can end up being the badges on the front page and the branding.
There’s nothing illegitimate in this, it’s just the way the business operates.
In the same way, some large casino companies operate under a number of different names. Again, completely legitimate and a way to offer different services to different players or groups of players.
But it’s useful for players to know who is behind any new casino site.
The same can be true of games design. Larger companies make their own games – which they stock in their own casino sites – but are increasingly working as partners with smaller games design companies who have innovative ideas.
Again, these partnerships are just the way capitalism works – big sharks eat little fish – but it’s useful to players to know if they can expect the same old big-designer bonus set from a supposedly new game that they thought was coming from an exciting new studio.
4. New Titles All the Time
Wherever they’re coming from, there’s an enormous number of new games hitting the market. Most will make relatively little impression and vanish. Playing some of them will, quite frankly, be a waste of your time.
That’s why you need good quality UK casino news and reviews from people who know and love slots and understand the market.
In January 2019 alone, we counted 14 new games from one big game company. How are players supposed to keep on top of that and know that they’re not missing out on the game that could change their lives?
5. A Diverse Business
We’re also aware that the online casino business itself continues to morph and change.
The explosion in mobile play has changed the business massively, with companies scrambling to keep up to date with the latest tech innovations.
This has seen an interesting trend with players picking up on simpler, more old-fashioned looking games, and even the return of more three-reel games that work well on small screens.
The other big change is in the massive availability of live streaming. Casino games are moving beyond the computerised simulations of the game that were the norm when online casinos started up and are now much more like a real casino experience.
Live streaming games feature skilled dealers actually playing a live game with the player. It’s possible to get involved with a social aspect of the game and there are a growing number of different experiences available to players, from immersive games with large numbers of cameras, to speed games that get through the gambling and paying as quickly as possible.
You can now find online live streaming casino games in a number of languages too.
UK online casino news will help you make the most of this exciting new world. Most players come to online gambling via slot machines, which are fairly easy to understand, but more and more are enjoying the heritage and depth of older gambling games.
The likes of roulette, blackjack, baccarat and poker are really taking off. Good sites offer good instruction, and live games should have some help available from dealers too. However, knowing all you can about a game before you sign up and start to throw cash around is the best way to get the best out of a game.
Did you know that video poker and blackjack almost always offer the best value to players at an online casino site? No! Well, that’s exactly the sort of thing you need to know.
6. Bonus, bonus, bonus!
And finally, the casino world is a world of money. The games might have a certain entertainment value, in fact, some of them are genuinely deep gaming experiences.
But if we’re honest, the vast majority of players play online games – slots, table games, live casino games, scratch cards and instant wins (the least sophisticated gambling games) – is for money.
So prizes need to be understood. The theoretical return to player explained – the good news is that this is a figure that seems to keep going up – and the best decisions on staking advised.
There are gambling strategies to explore too, although most of them can be pretty swiftly dismissed.
Bonuses are an enduring part of the online casino landscape too. In fact, a news site could fill up its entire output with bonus news – and such sites exist.
But bonuses are never quite what they seem, and it’s vital that players understand how they work, the restrictions on their use, what they mean for the casino, and what they will cost you in the long run.
Sometimes it’s better for a player to turn down a particular bonus – no matter how generous it might look – rather than get involved in a long commitment to a site with multiple restrictions on your balance while you work through a playthrough requirement that demands that you spend 40-times the amount you deposited before you can open up the site.
So, yes, if you like a site, it has great games, and it can be trusted, you might be saving yourself some time and frustration – especially if you’re an experienced, established player – if you just skip the complex bonus and get on with playing the games you love.
Whether or not you take them on, bonuses are almost always best with new sites and new games. Launches mean publicity pushes and giveaways, so you’ll need a good news site to keep you on top of what’s coming up – and to advise you on whether you’ll be better off sticking with a trusted site that continues to offer you good value.
7. Safe play, the law, and scams
If you spend any amount of time online you’ll know that there’s plenty of scamming going on. Sadly, the online casino business has been historically a venue for this sort of thing.
The customers of casino sites often include the very people who are most likely to fall victim to criminals: people who are desperate for quick, no-strings money, and people who are already trying to circumvent rules to get their hands on money (hello, underage gamblers!).
These people – and others who are just naïve – can easily become prey to bad-faith sites, scams, identity theft and criminal fraud.
Casino news sites need to keep an eye on the latest news about dishonest sites and scam games.
Fortunately, for most players, staying safe online and in the online casino world is pretty simple, but it’s something that needs to be kept on top of if you want to enjoy your UK casino sites without looking over your shoulder all the time.
UK online casino news is a tool that every British slots player should have in their locker. A well-informed consumer is going to make the right decisions, is going to play safely, and be able to jump on the best games and the best deals as soon as they hit the market.
Keep your eyes on our online casino news and we’ll get you ahead of the game.