Fruity means retro in the slots world.
Back in the day, Brit slot players would shove their pound coins into the fruit machine, or the fruity. It’s an aesthetic with longer roots, as fruit symbols date right back to the early days of machine gambling when they were used to try to (somewhat dishonestly) hide the fact that slot machines were gambling games based on poker.
Generally, a fruit-based slot will have retro graphics and relatively simple gameplay.
The Something Fruity slot, by Inspired Gaming, lives up to that model in most respects. And like many of the simpler slots on the market these days it has a big emphasis on the gambling elements of the game, with a big prize from a quite narrow betting range.
The design is relatively simple. It’s certainly easy to play, and the bright, neon colours are easy on the eye. The joker wild is stacked, in more ways than one, and in a way that’s borderline inappropriate, to be honest.
It’s got a bit of sophistication in its gameplay too, and you can play for small stakes and enjoy a good run with this game.
Play Something Fruity Slot
Something Fruity Slot Q&A
- What game provider developed Something Fruity slot?
- This game is from Inspired Gaming a big international company with a relatively small UK footprint, but still over 100 slot games in the market for UK players.
- When was Something Fruity slot released?
- August 30th, 2020.
- What is the Something Fruity RTP?
- RTP on this game is 95.68% or a house edge of just under 4%. RTP is a long-term measure that records how much of the money bet on a game over its whole lifetime will be returned to players. It’s not a prediction of how a single gaming session will go.
- How many reels and pay lines does Something Fruity have?
- This has a classic 5 by 3 grid giving us 15 symbols, with just 9 pay lines, a relatively low number.
- What theme is used in Something Fruity slot?
- The themes are: retro slots, classic slots, jokers, fruits, fruit games, and cabinet games.
- Can I play Something Fruity on mobile?
- What is the Something Fruity variance?
- There’s no published variance or volatility for this game, so we’ll assume that it’s medium.
- What is the minimum bet and the maximum win?
- You can bet from 0.2 coins to 20 coins, which is 20p to £20 on UK sites. Always bet safely, and always check the pay-out limits on the game you’re using. The top prize is 12,500-times stake, which is very good money.
- Does Something Fruity have free spins and bonus rounds?
- Yes, there’s a free spin round, and the base game comes with scatters, wilds and Stacking symbols. The Free Spins are awarded from the scatter and can be retriggered. Wilds nudge to form bigger wins in the free spins round.
- Is there anything else I should know about Something Fruity slot?
- Symbols have completely different values in the bonus game.
This is a nicely laid out game in the modern style with floating controls and a cogwheel to open up the pay tables and instructions.
The pay table is heavy on fruits: oranges, plums, cherries, lemons, 7s, strawberries, melons, and grapes the main symbols.
The joker symbol is a Wild and can be stacked.
The free spins are awarded in trenches of 5, 10, or 25 spins, during which the second pay table comes into operation.
There’s a Spin Chance Feature that allows players to make a final bet when your balance falls below the current stake but not down to zero. It’s a nice innovative feature and we reckon it’ll likely catch on.
A great looking and sounding game, the Something Fruity slot is a great new release from Inspired Gaming.
It really is nicely designed, with a good take on the fruit alphabet (though it’s also nice to see something new, which we don’t get here).
Features do provide plenty of novelty though, including that Spin Chance feature and the nudging wilds in the free spins round.
The games stats are fine for the current market, with a very good top prize. The betting range is quite narrow, but players on a budget will be glad to see that there’s a low maximum on this game.
The screen set-up is minimal and it works really well on a mobile screen, hich is where most players are playing these days.
If you like fruit games you’re spoiled for choice, and the retro and classic look is really in fashion at the moment. This is a more than decent addition to that genre though, and worth a look.
Rachel Pine is our slots expert who has worked in the online gambling industry for 10+ years. Over the course of her career, Rachel has reviewed more than 3,000 slots.