Wonder Woman has been fighting crime since she was first drawn by a comic artist called Harry G Peter in 1941.
This Wonder Woman slot machine, first released in April 2019, brings her into the modern slots world as part of a series of tie-ins with DC comics, no doubt helped along by the portrayal of her by Gal Gadot in films since 2016.
Playtech are giants of the online video slots world – perhaps comparable to DC in the comics and superhero world – and have delivered a high-budget, high-production-value game featuring a battle between Wonder Woman and Cheetah with three base-game features and three versions of the free spins game. A jackpot game opens up a sort of progressive jackpot feature.
Wonder Woman slot machine is a 5 by 4 game, with standard set-up and giant-sized character symbols.
Should you join the battle against injustice and crime with the person that Diana Prince becomes when she gets angry?
Let’s have a look in this Wonder Woman slot review!
Watch Wonder Woman
Visit these Playtech casinos to play Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman Slot Q&A
- What game provider developed the Wonder Woman slot?
- Wonder Woman is a comic book-inspired slot by Playtech.
- When was the Wonder Woman slot released?
- Wonder Woman slot was released in April 2019.
- What is the Wonder Woman RTP?
- The theoretical return to player rate or RTP of Wonder Woman slot is 95.34%.
- What’s the layout?
- Wonder Woman has a classic reel structure. There are 5 reels, 3 rows, and 30 pay lines. The wins are formed by matching symbols on active pay lines starting from the leftmost reel to the right.
- What theme is used in this slot?
- Wonder Woman slot is based on the superhero character of the same name from the DC Comics. So all those fans of Wonder Woman will love this slot especially as it comes packed with action.
- Can I play this game on mobile?
- Yes, you can play Wonder Woman slot online on your mobile device.
- What is the Wonder Woman variance?
- Wonder Woman is a high variance slot machine with 4 progressive jackpots and as many as 7 bonus features where big wins are hiding.
- What is the minimum bet and the top prize?
- The minimum you can bet on Wonder Woman slot is 15p per spin while the max bet goes up to £300 per spin. The top prize in this slot is x1,000 the total stake on a single spin.
- Are there any free spins and bonus rounds? What other features comes with?
- Wonder Woman slot comes with as many as 7 bonus features, three of which are Free Spins rounds. All Free Spins rounds come with 12 free spins but each has its own special features such as high-paying symbol transformations, stacked symbols, and extra wilds. Each Free Spins Bonus can be re-triggered with 12 extra spins.
- Are there any jackpots?
- Wonder Woman slot comes with 4 progressive jackpots as a part of the DC Super Heroes Jackpot network. Mega jackpot is the biggest progressive jackpot and if you get lucky and win it, it will be life-changing!
- Is there anything else that I should know about the Wonder Woman slot?
- The most rewarding Free Spins round is the Cheetah Free Spins as all high-paying symbols are transformed into the most lucrative Cheetah symbol and you can win more than x2,000 the total stake.
- If I like this game, what else should I look at?
- If you like comic book-inspired slot machines, you can also try others based on DC Comics such as the Justice League slot, Batman slot, or Dark Knight Rises slot machine.
The Facts and Figures
Wonder Woman slot is a high variance game. That’s relatively unusual. It should mean that the game pays out larger wins but does so relatively less often. This is a long-term measure and is unlikely to be all that observable to casual players. What does stand out here is a low theoretical return to player of just 95.34%. OK, so this is another long-term measure that records how a game is supposed to behave over its lifetime, and Wonder Woman has a progressive jackpot of sorts that normally reduces RTP, but most games these days are up in the 96% range at least and that will register with some players.
That high variance shows up in a possible top prize of 300,000 coins. This can be won on stakes that range from 0.15 to 300. That should translate into UK prizes of £300,000 on betting of 15p to £300, but please make sure that you know what the prize limits and so on are at the site you’re playing on.
How to Play Wonder Woman Slot
The game is fairly traditional in set-up and the controls look like a mock-up of a real-life cabinet game rather than the more modern style of representing them as floating symbols in a strip.
What you see is very up-to-date though.
On the left is the info button that opens up the paytable. Then there’s a pay lines window – which always says 30, so that’s a bit pointless. The total bet window is where you control the betting, with a non-linear scale you control with plus and minus buttons.
The wins show up in the central window.
To the right of that are the autoplay and turbo modes. Autoplay delivers up to 100 spins, with the option to set an event – maximum loss, for example – that will stop the sequence automatically. Turbo mode just spins the reels more quickly.
Finally at the bottom right is the purple spin button.
How to Win
The low paying symbols are cards: the 10 pays 2, 6, and 10-times stake, as do jacks. Queens pay 2, 8, and 12-times stake. Kings and Aces both pay 4, 10, and 16 times stake.
High paying symbols are cartoon representations of characters from Wonder Woman.
The blond-haired man (Steve) pays 4, 12, and 20-times stake. The blonde-haired woman (Barbara) pays 6, 14, and 30-times stake. The long-haired, dark-haired woman (Diana) pays 8, 16, and 50-times stake.
Wonder Woman in costume pays 10, 18, and 70-times stake. The supervillain Aries pays 12, 24, and 100-times stake. Cheetah pays 16, 36, and 150-times stake.
The wild is the Wonder Woman symbol, and it pays 20, 60, and 250-times stake. It stands in for everything but the scatter, bonus symbol.
The scatter bonus itself is Wonder Woman and Cheetah facing off and it triggers free spins.
During the game, there are three features.
A Fire Wild – the wild symbol on fire! – turns all high win symbols into wilds.
Wonder Woman stacks as a wild and this on any reel trigger a respin game that can be played in both the base game and the free spins game.
Barbara symbols on the first and fifth reels turn all high winning symbols into Cheetah.
The respins game features a set of reels filled with just Wonder Woman symbols and blank spaces. As long as Wonder Woman symbols stay in view the rest of the reels fill up with the same symbol. A multiplier on the original wager is the prize climbing to a 1,000-times multiplier for 20 spins.
The Free Spins games are triggered by scatters. Two scatters open a chance game with a wheel that awards a game: Wonder Woman, The Cheetah, or Fire Wild.
Wonder Woman free spins feature has a single stacked symbol. Scatters can retrigger the feature.
Cheetah free games have high-value symbols that turn into Cheetah symbols for the remainder of the round. The feature retriggers if a high win ends the round or if scatters appear again.
Fire Wild free spins chuck in the Fire Wilds. Fire wilds turn various high-value symbols into the wild. Scatters retrigger the feature.
The jackpots are randomly triggered by any spin in the base game. This opens the DC Jackpots game, in which players pick random symbols in order to win a mini, minor, major, or grand progressive jackpot.
Wonder Woman slot machine is a good game. That DC linked jackpot will bring in a lot of players, as will the attractive design that makes the most of one of the most popular comic book heroes in the DC Universe.
The gameplay is good, with lots and lots of variation, and good quality animations and features.
The RTP is a disappointing part of having to pay into a progressive jackpot, but players accept that that’s how the system works. There are some poorly written or translated sections of the help guides that need looking at, and hopefully, Playtech will get on top of that as the game updates.
We enjoyed this superhero adventure and suggest you get costumed up and fly off to your favourite online casino site to battle with it now!
Rachel Pine is our slots expert who has worked in the online gambling industry for 10+ years. Over the course of her career, Rachel has reviewed more than 3,000 slots.